Missouri-Kansas Supply Co., Inc. was formed as much out of the need to fill a void as it was entrepreneurial foresight. E.R. Hendricks incorporated the company in November 1946 in the state of Missouri. His main business venture at the time was that of a plumbing contractor who became increasingly challenged by the inability to procure piping products as a result of WWII. His new venture began by extracting two of the top sales executives (one plumbing and one industrial) from a well known distribution giant in the Kansas City market. With an Employee base of 8, a single facility of 27,000 square feet that was once a branch of another quite large Kansas City based supply firm, the journey began.