Welborn Sales, Inc., was founded in 1963 by Ted R. Welborn to serve cities, counties and townships with culvert pipe. Ted was joined shortly thereafter by his brother, A.L. Welborn, and in 1967 by his son, Steve Welborn.
In 1980, Ted and A.L. Welborn retired and sold the business to Steve. Today, Steve's wife Lynda Welborn, brothers-in-law Ken Sweeney and Dennis Brown, and cousin Garry Montre carry on the family business.
The office moved from Broadway Street to the South Industrial Area of Salina, Kansas. a 7,200 sqaure-foot warehouse was purchased and in 1984, a new 1800 square foot office was added.
The company has grown to serve all of Kansas and the perimeters of bordering states with products to cities, counties , townships, KDOT, KCA contractors, KLICA contractors, feedyards and individuals.